The Concept Of God



Everyone has their own unique relationship with God. God may mean the unbiased universal law that applies to everyone. Or it may mean a super-human who looks just like us but has conquered all the inner and external wars that we are fighting every day.

Those who know me well, know that I am a hardcore spiritual person. A long time ago, there was also a version of me who wrote a post about the Geeta. Although, spirituality and mythology are two different concepts, I am not ashamed to admit that I also used to be a mythological person. In the process of evolving, I realized that all the mythological epics have been biased, sexist, racist and thus of little to no value in spirituality.

For example, when you think of Sita, you picture a petite-lean woman, who is shy and docile, who follows her husband and fulfills all his wishes. Who decided Sita was like that? Valmiki? or maybe centuries later, some people distorted her character and portrayed her as a role model for the rest of the women to make the men's world more harmonic.

Basically, my concept of God has nothing to do with mythology. However, just like any other relationship, my relationship with God also has its own ups and downs.

Right now, I am at a stage where I have stopped giving a damn about God. That God, who is greater than me and has the power to control my life.

There was a time when I used to constantly acknowledge the presence of the universal power with me all the time. I used to show my gratitude to God for every little thing I got. But then, on Oct 12th, 2016, just like Modi and Trump, God stopped making sense to me.

I am not an atheist, I can never be. The existence of God is so obvious, I cannot deny it, but I can ignore it, just like how I've been ignoring all the other bullshit that has been going on in the world.

There's a lot of confusion around the concept of God. The concept of re-birth is also mistakenly attached to spirituality and mythology. In reality, it is pure physics and nothing else. The Law of Conservation of Energy, that we all learned in school, states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed; energy can only be transferred or changed from one form to another. A thought, an emotion, a desire - all of these have tremendous energy. These are the only three things that bring the real change in the world, good or bad.

Every thought and an emotion has a vibe of a certain frequency, and every vibe has energy. Do you realize how many thoughts and emotions we experience every day that do not take a physical form? Where do you think all these vibes end up? There has to be a robust mechanism like re-birth that closes the loop of all this energy.

After separating all these misconceptions about God, my idea of God is simple. God is the purest, the brightest, the highest, and the best version of myself, and the purpose of my life is to be that version. To me, that's what the philosophy of अहम् ब्रह्मास्मि means.

I still haven't introduced my daughter to the concept of God, because I don't want her to grow up with the primitive thinking that there is a superior being than her who always protects her. She needs to know that she is her own God. She needs to know that only she has the power to break or make her life, and the only realization she needs to get is of her own self- the real her.

At the end of the day, the idea of having the almighty God with you, who always loves you and protects you, is nurturing. I have made a lot of impossible things possible with this one idea.

Even though, right now, I just want to call a spade a spade; I also know that eventually, I will find my way back to the universal being that resides in me, and keeps my heart beating.


Comments

  1. I don’t know how should I give you thanks! I am totally stunned by your article. You saved my time. Thanks a million for sharing this article.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts