Whose Life Is It Anyway?




If you know me even a little bit, you know that I am crazy about kids. I wanted to have a baby right after I got married, and when I found out that I was pregnant, I was on cloud nine. But a few days after that, I heard the news of Mass shooting in Sandy Hook Elementary School in the US, and the gang rape case of Nirbhaya in India. I had never felt more depressed. I kept asking myself this question: What kind of world am I bringing my child in to? Since then, a part of me is always scared. However, the motherhood has given me the strength and the courage that I didn't know I had.

I distinctly remember these two programs that I watched on Discovery Channel when I was young. I saw a video of a cheetah chasing the herd of deer, and this baby deer couldn't run as fast as the rest of the herd, and was left behind. The cheetah was about to pounce on the baby deer and the mother deer came in between and jumped on the cheetah. I still get goose bumps just thinking about that scene.

Another story was about a town that was destroyed during a volcano eruption. The archeologists found this town thousands of years later. They found this skeleton of a woman that was curled up in a very unusual way. They carefully excavated the skeleton and investigated why this woman was in this position when the volcano erupted. What they saw was unbelievable. There was a skeleton of a baby covered by her body. She was trying to protect her baby from the lava with her own body.

This is Mother. But some mothers go against the nature's instincts.

What if I told you I witnessed a murder? A cold blooded, the cruelest murder you can ever think of ?

When I was in college, we were doing our OB/GYN rotations at one of the hospitals. The first obstetric procedure I saw was not a delivery of a baby, but it was a D&C (abortion). That was my bad luck. The Gynecologist was explaining to us how the procedure is done, showing us on the ultrasound monitor the fetus and how the curator was removing the fetus from the uterus. There was a glass jar on the table that was collecting the red semi liquid remains of the fetus sucked from the curator. I felt so sick to my stomach. I couldn't stand there anymore. I felt dizzy and everything went dark in front of my eyes. I just rushed out of the OR and threw myself on a bench. After that I never went in to the OR if I knew it was a D&C.

If I start to talk about how inhumane this entire pro choice bullshit is, you will hear all the profanity I know. Let's put aside the religion and morals. Let's put aside the law and politics. I am talking about science. Life begins at conception. How hard is it to understand? But forget it, I just get so furious when I see people being irresponsible and then get rid of their baby like it's an appendix, and they do this for their convenience and in the name of autonomy and feminism.

The first delivery I saw was the most beautiful sight of my life. This was a different gynecologist than the previous one. It was a cesarean section. The entire procedure was so perfect. It was purely the art of perfection. The ambiance in the OR was very divine. There was Vedic mantras playing in a low volume. This physician had the brightness and peace on his face of a Rishi from the Vedic era. The physician was repeating the Vedic mantras that were playing in the background during the entire procedure. When he took the baby out, his face lit up as if sakshat Lord Krishna was born. He held the baby in his arms and recited this Shlok out loud.

पूर्णमदः पूर्णमिदं पूर्णात्पुर्णमुदच्यते
पूर्णश्य पूर्णमादाय पूर्णमेवावशिष्यते

शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः

I felt as if I was taken to the divine Vedic era. I find myself very fortunate to have experienced this Vedic ritual. I can never forget the divinity of that moment.

There is a lot I can say about this topic, but I have just lost hope, but God hasn't. Kids are the only thing that makes this world a place worth living. The fact that kids are still being born on Earth is a proof that God still has hope on the human kind. Now it's up to us if we live up to that hope or disappoint God.

Comments

  1. Before i experienced i was never believe that people can also cry due to over happiness.... but i experienced that i heard sound of my son first time in my life, he was crying at the time of his birth.. i was crying due to over happiness.... i never forget this moment in my life..
    Really kids are amazing... they are full of happiness give us hope to live...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts